Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Medicaid

I'm not ashamed that I'm applying for Medicaid. I know a lot of people think that government help is only for those who are too lazy to get off their butt and get a job. Obviously that isn't the case. I've known a lot of people who have needed assistance and yes, it shocked me at first with some people. I judged...not too severely, but I did. 
Well, I take it back. Mike and I need help and I'm not going to be too prideful to ask for it. I want what is best for my baby, and that is definitely not scraping every penny, getting into thousands of dollars in debt and being miserable. I'm swallowing my stupid pride and applying. 
So, this means that I have to reschedule my first doctor's appointment because I have no means to pay for it on my own. I'll find out if I've been accepted on December 31st, so wish me luck. But please, don't pity me. Don't say, "Poor Mike and Jess, they are struggling." Sure, we are. Everyone struggles, right? I welcome empathy, because I know that I'm not the only young married pregnant student to ever have had trials. Others' experiences are helpful, because I know I'm not alone. 
We're crossing our fingers...and can't wait to get an ultrasound sometime in January so we can see our leetle Beach! :)

2 comments:

  1. If the Medicaid thing doesn't work out. You can get on your mom's insurance until you are 26 and it isn't supposed to cost her anything extra. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't judge yourself too harshly. I can empathize but I won't go too far into that.
    You are going to be a great mom and are a great wife to put your family first. The government can handle it, if they couldn't they wouldn't. I will cross my fingers for you. :)

    ReplyDelete