Saturday, December 4, 2010

So Emotional

I have been so emotional lately. I mean crying every night. No, not crying--sobbing hysterically to the point where Mike starts panicking and begs me to tell him what to do to make it stop. You always hear that being pregnant messes with your emotions, but I never thought it would get this bad!
Mostly I cry because I'm always so sick, especially at night. My nausea kicks in around six o'clock now and lasts until I fall into a very fitful, drained sleep. It's not that I'm in pain--it's that being sick without any means to cure it is a pain. I feel so bad for my poor husband, because there is literally nothing he can do.
Mike gave me a blessing the other night because I was so frustrated and depressed--and in that blessing, we were told that this would be my most difficult pregnancy. Well, at least I know it's only up from here! Until then, I hope I don't have many more breakdowns, because I'm starting to annoy myself!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jess I'm sorry! Courtney told me about your blog today! What an awesome idea! I love it! I hope you start feeling better SOON!! ANd congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay Jess - I was not sick NOT ONE DAY with tanner. with this baby girl...oh so sick well into my second trimester. And it was all day sickness with it being worse at night and lots of vomiting (at night) SO....

    Here is what my Doctor told me to take - it's perfectly safe, it's over the counter (you can get it at any grocery store, wal.mart...you get the idea) and it may or may not help you. But it's worth a try right! I had decided I would never get pregnant again before taking this concoction! But it worked for me and I was a new person again!

    BUY ASAP: Unisom (Yes it's a sleepgel)
    B6 Vitamin 100mg (it's an energy vitamin) - you only take 50mg or the B6 at a time, so just pre cut in half a few at a time. I could never find 50mg B6...only 100mg.

    First thing in the morning (along with your saltines :)
    Take 1 Unisom with 1/2 B6 pill ... so 50 mg of the B6.

    The Unisom and B6 together is suppose to curb the all day Nausea. The Diphenhydramine in the Unisom helps with the Nausea, and the B6 helps counter act making you sleepy but also helps with the Nausea!

    At night (I usually would take it around 6 or I could tell it was wearing off!)
    Take 2 Unisom with 1/2 B6.
    The 2 Unisom is suppose to counteract the energy so you can fall asleep.

    I, on the other hand, did not do 2 Unisom at night - It made me crazy jittery and hyper...but that's because I am in the 3% of people where Diphenhydramine makes you hyper instead of sleepy...go figure :)

    And there you have it. It DID NOT, I REPETE, DID NOT stop me from throwing up (and I am not a vomiter) BUT it did slow the vomiting, and it was like 100% difference during the day - Nausea was SO manageable!

    Good luck!!!! I hope this helps you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifesaver during my pregnancy was preggo drops or preggie drops or something like that...anyway, I bought them at Motherhood. They're just little candies. They worked wonders-and have worked for my other friends too! Also, I did the whole Unisom and B6 thing-word to the wise-it WORKS, but it took a few weeks of taking it every day to see the results. So, keep trying!! Another thing that worked for me was green sour apples. The sour helped settle my stomach.
    Hope you feel better soon. If it helps, lots of us know just how you feel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Unisome and vit. B6 are amazing. When I was pregnate with Sophia I was vomiting all day. When I started taking these meds I felt alot better. good luck. Love you
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete