I disagree.
I don't hate being pregnant, but I'm not in love with it either. I'm grateful that I am able to get pregnant and to bring a baby to my family, but all the aches and pains and mood swings are definitely not perks. My nausea is gone, and I'm eating much more frequently now, so that's nice. I've only gained about four pounds--which is weird, because my latest craving has been Oreos saturated in milk--and I'm hoping to gain less than thirty total. I looked it up, and with my height and pre-pregnancy weight, I should only gain 15-25 pounds. Any more and I'll know the Oreos were a bad idea.
I feel fat all the time. Not pregnant fat, but ugly fat. Unless I'm posing for a picture, my belly just looks like a big nasty hanging over my jeans. I want some form to the sucker without having to cradle it. Mike tells me I'm beautiful, blah blah blah, but he has to say that or my hormones would get out of control and I'd attack him.
I don't feel beautiful and I really really really wish I did. Tell me in sympathy that I am beautiful and it doesn't matter. It doesn't change how I feel.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a photo and I will tell you you're gorgeous because it's how I FEEL! SO there! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love you tons. Pregnancy mostly sucks, did I ever tell you that I actually needed a stupid step ladder to get into my own bed?! Everything hurt so bad to move by the end that even my pride couldn't win that battle. lol But you know how high that thing is off the ground.
You will remember it with fondness when it's over. ;)
I don't care what anyone says, I love your honesty :) and you are adorable in many, many ways.
ReplyDeleteGive your belly a few more weeks. Than you won't even be able to bend over it. It will show much, much better and soon as you hit your half mark. My stomach is a huge basketball and I can't even reach my toes anymore. It's funny, uncomfortable and completely worth it. And don't worry about feeling crappy, I've decided it just goes along with being pregnant. This too shall pass I keep telling myself! You can do it!
ReplyDelete