Remember how I talked about how if I gained more than 20-25 pounds then I would know that Hostess had something to do with it?
That day has come.
Last night, after eating a delectable meal at Chef's Table--including, of course, Chocolate Lava Cake--Mike decided to weigh himself. After he complained about being the heaviest he's ever been, I weighed myself too.
Well, the husband is not the only one tipping the scales!
I can't even describe how I felt after reading the number. I have never been even close to this weight before now! I was doing well with exercising before my back started going out, only gaining 1-2 pounds a week.
When I found out I was pregnant, I researched the amount of weight gain that would be acceptable for my current weight/height, and it came out to be 15-25 pounds.
Well, five more pounds and I'm at my limit and I'm only TWENTY-SEVEN WEEKS!
AHHH!
I'm hoping I can lose ten pounds when school gets out, because I won't have to pack a lunch full of treats to get me through the day. Plus, I plan on going for walks when the weather stops PMSing. As my friend Elisha B. Facebooked today, "Somebody give Mother Nature some Midol and chocolate, please!"
Okay.
I have an ideal weight in mind by the time Chloe comes. A weight that will be acceptable to me, because as Mike keeps pointing out, I'm supposed to be gaining some weight.
But tell me this:
What woman is okay with gaining weight, whether or not there's a little person kicking around inside her?
AHHH!
I'm hoping I can lose ten pounds when school gets out, because I won't have to pack a lunch full of treats to get me through the day. Plus, I plan on going for walks when the weather stops PMSing. As my friend Elisha B. Facebooked today, "Somebody give Mother Nature some Midol and chocolate, please!"
Okay.
I have an ideal weight in mind by the time Chloe comes. A weight that will be acceptable to me, because as Mike keeps pointing out, I'm supposed to be gaining some weight.
But tell me this:
What woman is okay with gaining weight, whether or not there's a little person kicking around inside her?
We'll just have to hide the scale and then there wont be any problem! Wanna go out to eat again sweetie???
ReplyDeleteWe'll eat something healthy like Cafe rio???
I feel you sister! I gained 30 pounds while pregnant. Luckily I was back down to normal weight about three days after the birth. BUT now I've been gaining weight because all I do is sit on my butt every day. Babies sure cause lots of fun stuff.
ReplyDeleteHey, I gained 55 Pounds and I didn't get back to my prego weight until a year after. It's different for everybody. It's not worth stressing over. I always say, "I'm to blessed to be stressed." Luv ya girl
ReplyDeleteK, maybe I'm weird but I LOVE being pregnant because it's the only time in your life you're SUPPOSED to gain weight on a weekly basis, and I don't have to worry about thinking to "suck in" all the time, and I can eat constantly and it's ok. Stop worrying and live it up I say. : ) You look hot girl! Just enjoy it! Miss you!
ReplyDelete