I have no problem admitting that I thought for several minutes about how to title this post.
The Ring (scary movie)
I wish I COULD put a ring on it (Beyonce's "Single Ladies")
The one ring to rule them all (LOTR)
Yeah, none of them sounded quite right. So, here we are.
See this?
This is my wedding ring. I love it.
For our two year anniversary, Mike got the main diamond upgraded. While I have loved it all along, I love it even more now.
It's even pretty from the side. *sigh*
Well, a certain little girl doesn't think I should wear it. She thinks I should get it cleaned and put it away until after she's born.
I tend to agree.
My hands are starting to swell and so I can't wear my rings, either wedding or musical CTR. It makes me so sad! I mean, I have a gorgeous ring. Seriously. As awful as it sounds, when people compliment it, I often say, "I know, right?" instead of, "Oh thanks, but yours is pretty too..."
My ring is awesome and I know it. Bam.
Until I can wear it again, however, I got a replacement:
$6 from Claire's, and lots of people think it's real. :)
I miss my old ring, but at least I have a replacement that looks relatively real, albeit way too huge for a poor college student. Oh well. I just want people to recognize I'm married after they stare open-mouthed at my stomach like they've never seen pregnancy before.
By the way, thanks for that, people.
It sure makes me feel less fat and less bloated and less ugly.
Well, dear ring, until we meet again, I will stare at you every night before I go to bed.
I miss you already.



I had the same problem with my ring. Its sad to be too swollen for your wedding ring. Unfortunately I still can't put my ring on. I guess its only been a month, but still I've lost like 25 pounds! Couldn't some of that have come from my finger?
ReplyDeleteAwww sadness! I have the SAME ring from Clair's LOL. It happens to the best of us, and you are the best Jess. Soon you can have your baby and your ring too, until you realize that when you bath baby the ring accidentally scratches their skin... did that to Aryn and once again the ring came off, but only for bath time, then back on. Just warning you. That still happens sometimes. :(
ReplyDelete