Monday, January 3, 2011

A little late?

Because of all the Medicaid junk (which still isn't completely finished), I haven't been able to have my first appointment. I rescheduled for next week and I'm scared that something will be wrong with the baby and I didn't catch it in time.
Has anyone waited this long (14 weeks) to go to the doctor for the first time? For all I know, my baby is fine and waiting an extra three weeks isn't a big deal, but I'm still really nervous about it.
*deep breath*
I'm just praying that everything is okay and all my aches and pains indicate that baby is growing and healthy.

4 comments:

  1. I know people that haven't even known they were pregnant til they were 20 weeks and everything turned out ok. If it helps you feel a little better my doctor used to always tell me that if you are having morning sickness that's a sign that your baby is doing good. I hope you can get everything sorted out so you can go in to the doctor so it can ease your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, go to baby your baby. They give you a pre-Medicaid card called a baby pink card. It works just the same! Its super easy to get and you just have to go in and apply. Its just at the Provo health department. They are all super sweet! If you qualify for Medicaid you qualify for this.
    http://www.babyyourbaby.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. So as a nurse I can tell you a lot of people don't go until 20 wks because that's the soonest their doctors can get them in! And then you get your ultrasound and your first appt out of the way all at the same time and maybe it would make the wait seem less long. Or maybe not :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, remember going to my Dr. appt. in Nashville? Well I was 15 weeks and look how perfect Hunter is:) I'm sure your baby is doing great!

    ReplyDelete