Thursday, June 9, 2011

*36 Weeks Today*

Chloe has been doing better with breastfeeding. I've requested that she's not fed by a bottle at all--I don't want her to refuse to breastfeed because of it. 
It's so fun to see her progress. I'm so proud of her! She's now up to 41 ml. per feeding and she's doing okay with the calories they're putting in her milk (so far). 
She got her casts changed today and the nurse said she's not loving it. I've got a slight cold and so I didn't go see Chloe today, but Mike went up to see her and comfort her. Apparently she was really sad until he got there and then she calmed down a bit. Chick loves her daddy. :)
She weighs FIVE POUNDS and we are excited she's growing so well! She's at the gestational age of 36 weeks and her development is right on track. We should have her home in about four weeks and we are SO excited! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's great news!
    I wanted to let you know I won't be able to make it to the shower on Saturday but I love you so much, and can't wait to come see you all when she is finally home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I don't know you at all, but I found your blog through the blog of a mutual high school friend, and I've been really touched by your story and struggles.
    I know a lady who had premie triplets. She shares her testimony and story on her blog, and I thought maybe you would like to read it, as a way to get comfort from someone who's been through similiar trials. You can find it at:
    http://the6kaisers.blogspot.com/2010/12/amazing-journey.html

    Best of luck and prayers for baby Chloe. So glad to hear she's doing so well! :)

    ReplyDelete