Thursday, June 2, 2011

That's My Girl! :D

We have lots of good news!
The second time I went up yesterday, I practiced nursing with Chloe. She tried for twenty minutes and got FIVE milliliters! :) Soon after we finished, Dr. Fox came in and casted her feet. He was really nice and let me stand next to the table so I could watch. Chloe was a bit fussy with her right leg and Dr. Fox's assistant kept saying, "She's such a little spitfire!" Yep, yep she is. 
 The doctor was awesome with answering questions and I have a video of him casting her left foot, but Blogger won't upload it. You can check my Facebook, I have it posted there. 
 This is how she feels about the whole process:
After the casting, I went home and Mike went to see her with his parents and aunt. His aunt bought Chloe a really pretty bracelet for her baby blessing. Right now it would probably fit better as a necklace, so we'll let Chick get a little bigger. :)
Chloe with Grandma Kathy.
Chloe will have her casts on for a total of six weeks before Dr. Fox does tendon-release surgery. He said it's very minor; he'll just numb her little legs and clip the tendons while she's in her little bed. After that she'll get her final casts and those will last for two weeks. 
And then she's done. 
DONE. FINISHED.
AHHHHH!!!!
I was in shock when the doctor told me. Chloe will be out of casts by the time she comes home! Mike and I were promised miracles, and I know this is one of them. We are so blessed and I am elated that Chloe will have a much more positive experience with her feet than I did. She'll probably forget that she was even born with clubbed feet because she won't have scars to remind her. 
Oh, I am so happy! Mike and I haven't stopped smiling about it. 
WOO-HOO!
And, today I went in to feed her and she got 30 milliliters! 
The nurse weighed her twice to confirm it and only had to push 8 mls. to complete Chloe's feeding. How awesome is my little one? :)

3 comments:

  1. That's all so great!!! I'm so glad to hear how well she is doing!

    Advice for your videos, if you upload them to YouTube or Vimeo you can then take the Embeded code and copy paste it into your blog under "edit Html" while your creating your post, then WALA video... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess she is so beautiful! her little foot in that photo is so tiny! i just can't believe it! im so happy for you that her feet will be fixed so quickly! if there is ever anything i can do let me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear the good news! You two are great parents:)

    ReplyDelete