Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Breastfeeding, a.k.a. TMI

It's been my goal to breastfeed Chloe.
Mike is a firm believer that breastfed babies are more intelligent, and whether that's true or not, it's cheaper and a bonding experience for most mothers and their babies.
I haven't been sure if I could breastfeed or not because my mom could only breastfeed from one breast and Jamie can't breastfeed at all. 
Well, if leakage is any indication of my ability to breastfeed, then I think I'm safe! Lol
I thought I spilled water on my nightgown earlier today, but nope--definitely breast milk! I have to wear these little pad things so my nightgown doesn't get all nastied up. 
Mike thought it was awesome, of course. 
Which could have been weird, but I'm grateful for a man who isn't scared of the natural things about my body. Way to be a real man, husband! You rule. :)
Well, I am getting more labs done tomorrow and I'll probably have to do another 24 hour urine watch. The neonatologist should come see me either tomorrow or the next day and tell me what I can expect with a premature baby. 
More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment