I had a pretty rough night last night. Mike went home to hopefully get some good rest and I had a hard time being alone. Dr. Nance came in at one in the morning to give me an update and I was obviously exhausted.
Mike texted me at 4:00 a.m. to say he loved me and couldn't sleep.
Right back at cha, love.
I woke up every hour and then at 7:00 a.m. there came a knock on the door:
"Hi, I'm here to draw your blood!"
Awesome, thank you.
Let me quickly stress that the phlebotomists here are AWESOME. I feel a tiny prick and then nothing. I'm not even scared to get my blood drawn anymore, and that is a BIG deal.
Anyway, I went back to sleep for twenty minutes before breakfast came, and then I tried to sleep throughout the morning but doctors kept coming to see me.
I talked to the head of the Labor & Delivery department and she gave me a breakdown of pre-eclampsia and answered my questions. She is really nice and she'll be in to check with me occasionally over the next few weeks.
The neonatologist also came in and talked to me about the NICU and how the risk for babies born at 34 weeks drops significantly, hence we are trying to make it there.
Anyway, today was good. My BP has been a little high--right now it's 136/90--but otherwise I'm doing well. Chloe was wonderful and decided to stay put during the morning twenty-minute monitoring so I could get some sleep. Thanks, chick.
Harry & LeAnn stopped by again today and LeAnn made me the MOST delectable chocolate chip cookies in the entire world. YUM. She also brought me some word searches and the cutest stuffed animal Snoopy in the world...pink and white, super soft and it plays the Charlie Brown theme when you squeeze it.
Chloe might have to fight Mike for it...he thinks it's fantastic. :)
Jamie and Jagger came by too...Jagger is so fetching cute. Love him.
I had lots of visitors today and it was great. Mike's Aunt Cheryl came to see me for a few minutes, Ken came shortly after Jamie & Jagger and then Katie showed up this evening with three-week-old Hailee.
Seriously, thanks SO much for coming everyone!
I haven't had much chance to just hang out and be alone and I'm okay with it. :)
Not a ton to update on, but as soon as I have anything I will blog about it. I've been moved to the long-term patient section of the Labor & Delivery floor and I love it. This room has more windows and more space. Super nice.
Well, goodnight!
Oh my, Jess!!!! I miss you a lot and I am praying for you and if I was home I would be visiting you like 20 times a day!! Just to make sure my little "niece" is all right!!!! :)
ReplyDeletei hope everything is okay with you guys, your in my prayers
ReplyDeleteGetting to this post just a little bit late, Jamie sent me an adorable photo of Chloe. I can't believe she just had to make her way into the world while I was gone. LOL I've also been updated on how you are doing, and I really hope your feeling better. That was one rough pregnancy, but woman your the toughest I know! YOU DID IT! I hope everything from here on out goes much smoother for your sweet family.
ReplyDeleteLove you, and I Hope to see you soon!