I thought I was ornery and easily angered when I was on my period...oh ho ho, being pregnant is SO much worse! It's amazing what stupid things make me want to reach out and punch someone.
Everyone is saying, "Oh, I thought you weren't planning on having a baby, etc."
So getting pregnant is planned every time, then? There are no surprise babies?
WRONG, people!
I think the thing that bothers me most is that people act like they're walking on eggshells; when they ask, it's apologetic. I don't regret getting pregnant. I DO NOT regret my baby, no matter how bad the morning sickness gets.
So no, the baby was not planned, but that doesn't mean we don't want it.
Plus, is it really anyone's business if we were planning for a baby or not? I mean, wouldn't it be weird if everyone announced when they were trying, every time? I can see that if someone is having fertility issues--it's more of a hopeful statement, not a too-much-information statement.
Sure, have a plan--but no one really wants to know the exact moment of conception. Unless you're a bit disturbed. It's a sacred experience that has nothing to do with anyone but the parents-to-be.
*ROAR*
Okay, I'm good now. Just had to rant. :)
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hear ya! We didn't plan any of our babies especially the one we are pregnant with now and people did the same thing I almost felt like they were waiting for some explanation or apology. You are definitely not alone. But then again I am easily irritated too. :)
ReplyDeleteAMEN. haha I was somewhat bugged when people asked if he was planned. Conveniency and coming when "planned", etc. are not the only important things. And yes, it's nobody's business, really. :) Congrats, again! This little one will make you SO happy, and of course you will be a kick-butt mom!
ReplyDeleteWell said!, but after all that is one of the things I love about you! (being able to express how you feel) Well I'm just soooo grateful it IS YOU and NOT me (: When your mom opened the package for a second I about hypervenalated (?spelling) thinking I'd missed some REALLY important news to myself (: HaHa. So I'm sorry you're feeling awful! I can't empathyize with you at all, but when you finally get to hold baby it will be worth it. And my doctor once told me after a horrible experience that being sick ususally means healthy baby, Yeah! So it is a bittersweet thing...I can only say that because it doesn't happen to me. (: You're going to be an AMAZING Mama, so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again Jess. I'm so excited for you! And I totally feel your pain! The "morning" sickness is awful and trust me, it doesn't make you feel better to throw up - you just throw up and continue feeling like crap. It's so worth it though! :) You're going to be an awesome mom!
ReplyDeletePeople are so dumb sometimes!! They need to mind their own business and get over it and just be happy for other people! I'm with ya girl!
ReplyDeleteWe got prego 5 months after we got married and it would break my heart when people would be like "Gosh, did you actually plan that?" stupid people and their judgments. You and Mike are going to be incredible parents, I couldn't think of anybody better for a sweet little bundle of joy. I've heard lots that morning sickness goes away after a couple months. You freaking rock Jess, I love your beautiful face!!!
ReplyDeleteamen. i liked this post. people are so stupid sometimes.
ReplyDelete