Friday, November 26, 2010

Tellin' the Fam :)

Mike and I chose Thanksgiving Day to share our big news with my family. It was so much fun! I bought a onesie at Old Navy and then made a card that says, "TO: Grandma. LOVE: Grandbaby #12. I'll meet you during the holidays, if you celebrate Christmas in JULY!" 
While we were all sitting down and eating, I had Kaulin go get the present and give it to my mom. He said, "Grandma Janice, here's an early Christmas present." She said thank you and then set it down next to her. Um, NO! So I decided to "get another roll" and I found Chris in the kitchen. I told him to tell Mom to open it right then, and he asked me if I knew who it was from. I said yes and then ran back into the dining room. 
Mom opened it and immediately started to cry. She turned to Cory and Elisha and said, "Really?" Elisha looked so confused! Mom started looking around, and then she saw Mike and me at the end of the table with Cheshire cat grins on our faces. Her mouth pretty much dropped to the floor and I shouted, "WE'RE PREGNANT!"
It was so awesome! The funniest part about it was that most of my family had asked me if I was pregnant at least once in the past couple of weeks. :) Well, I lied to all of your faces, sorry! Haha! Anyway, I am SO happy that my family knows now. They are so much fun and I am so excited for my baby to get to know all of them! There's a lot of crazy in my family, but there's just as much love! :) 
Happy Thanksgiving, Baby! We can't wait to meet you, but we will. Keep on cookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment