I have been feeling so nauseous and gross today--it's been bad. I woke up at 10:00 this morning and then slept for four hours this afternoon. Not so much fun. Anyway, Mike and I had planned to go to his parents' house so we could tell him the good news, but I didn't feel up to it. Ugh.
Mike went without me and once he got there, he called and put me on speaker phone. The conversation went a little like this:
Mike: Jess, did you want to issue that apology?
Me: Yep. Well, Gary, do you really want to know why I didn't come up? The truth? My baby is making me sick!
Super long pause....
Me: Or, more accurately, your grandbaby is making me sick.
Gary: Are you serious?
Hahaha! I'm glad that they are happy for us, but I am sad that I couldn't be there when we announced it. We're SO relieved that our immediate families know now, because it is such a weight off our shoulders. Now I can just say that I'm sick and the families know why.
Well, soon enough our extended family and our friends will know that we've got a Beach baby on the way! We can't wait!
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment