Sunday, May 22, 2011

Grateful

After I finally posted about Chloe's birth, I wanted to follow it with a sequence of events that happened afterward. Obviously life has been hectic and I probably won't write as many details as I wanted to originally, and that's okay. 
My first thought was how all the love and support we received was extremely overwhelming and amazing. I've always known that my family and friends are incredible people, but I was constantly overcome with how great they truly are. Often I would sob over it because I was so grateful. 
Thank you beyond words to those who came to visit me in the hospital. It meant the world, even if I wasn't very coherent when you came. 
Elisha, it may sound silly, but when you came and did my hair, I was so grateful. It was one less thing to worry about at a time when I had never felt more vulnerable, pathetic and ugly. 
Kelly, it meant a lot that you would come back to give me a blessing when I didn't know I needed one. It was nice to just sit and talk afterward. Thanks for being there. 
I loved my nurses. I seriously had the best nurses in the entire world! Every single one made sure I was comfortable and even when I felt like an idiot for crying or not being able to stand up straight, they never made me feel like I was a burden to them. 
One of my nurses, Alyssa, was taking care of me when I had my massive panic attack where at least eight doctors came in to figure out what the heck was going on, and she was so worried about me that she came in the next day to see how I was doing. How nice is that?
I am grateful for the treats that were brought (LeAnn and Jen--best cookies EVER) and the flowers that were given. They brightened up my room and made me feel so special. 
Mike, I know why I was supposed to marry you. 
I needed someone who was strong enough to carry me through this ordeal and remind me that God is always watching over us. There are not enough words to describe how much I love you and how much I have needed you. 
You're amazing and I am so glad you're mine!
Plus, the Mother's Day card made me smile. :)
I still can't believe I'm a mother.  My daughter is in the NICU and when I'm with her, holding her against me and counting her hiccups, I start to realize it...but it's hard to leave my baby and go home to just the two of us again. It isn't real yet, and I can't wait for it to be. 
Chloe's Mother's Day gift to me:
Thank you to everyone who have been keeping up with us and our crazy journey. Chloe is doing really well and I will continue to blog about her progress here until she comes home, then I will continue blogging at my family blog.
We love you. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that everything is working out for you guys and your new little family! I admit I have been blogstalking/facebook stalking you through all of this because I was so worried. And when I pray for you, I just knew everything would be okay. I love you guys and wish you all the best! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, once again you are so incredibly strong. I really can't wait to meet your little one, she is an absolute doll and just as strong as her mommy by the sounds of it. :)
    I will keep posted on your updates so I know when you and baby both make it home, then I will start bugging you as to when we might be able to come visit.
    :)
    Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete